Friday, March 1, 2013

Cupcake Dress

My daughter's second birthday is coming up and I found some adorable cupcake fabric at Hancock Fabrics a few weeks back. I just had to make her a dress! I don't have a tutorial, but it's pretty easy to throw together for someone who can make a basic dress. I just measured my daughter and made rectangles for the most part. 




For the straps, I used pre-made ruffle stuff I had laying around the house.

The red strips are both about 3 inches wide. and the middle piece I believe was 13 inches... I measured under her armpit, to about where I wanted the dress to hit and then drew out the dress on paper and did the math. That's how I always figure out my dimensions when I freestyle.

There are a lot of tutorials on the web for how to ruffle fabric to make them cinch at the bodice. Next time I made her a dress, I'll be sure to take picture during the process!


I probably should have done the seams down the sides instead of the back and two buttons like her last dress I made. Oops. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...