Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Almond Joy" Bars! (Clean, No Sugar Added!)

I started my day with a delicious bowl of Almond Joy inspired oatmeal, which totally hit my chocolate craving spot. 

After lunch, while my daughter was napping I had planned to throw some kind of granola bars together. I knew I was going to use oats (duh) and bananas because I have plenty that are pretty ripe. And since the coconut was still out on the counter (oops) I just threw everything together!





Ingredients:

2- Cups Oats
1- Cup unsweetened Coconut
1- 1/2 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa 
(I actually did not measure the cocoa, but it's bitter so don't add too much)
2 Large Ripe Bananas
1/3 Cup Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
1-1/2 TBS Pure Vanilla Extract

Optional: Almonds, Chocolate Chips
(If needed, add a little pure maple syrup to your mixture.)

Feel free to mix in anything you'd like. I added my almonds on top, but you could mix them in. Or added chocolate chips in, as well. I only laid mine on top with the almonds.

Directions:

Mash up your bananas then mix everything together. If you want your mix-ins on top then wait until later. Prepare your baking sheet or pan. I used parchment paper that I lightly greased. I shaped my mixture into a square and flattened with a fork. I then neatly laid my almonds and chips on top. 

Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then cut up. I am storing mine in a container in the fridge.



He was in awe and couldn't wait to dive in. ;)




If you're not already a follower, please feel free to become one! And as always, I'd love to hear if you try these and what you think! Have a great day!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...