Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Stockings Were Hung...

Oh man, have I told you how much I LOVE Pinterest, sometimes?! There are amazing ideas everywhere, right at your finger tips! I found something smiliar to my latest project on there and thought I would share it! 

First I went to a hardware store and bought an unfinished oak cupboard door.
Then I painted the door front white and let it dry.
Next, I added stain to the door and wiped it off. This was my first time using the stuff, I really love how it looks. While I was waiting for this all to dry, I painted my knobs a deep red color. I free handed the words onto the door with the same color I used on the knobs. I am not 100% happy with the way that turned out. I will probably repaint it before the next Christmas so I can rewrite the letters. But for now, it works! 
I Gorilla Glued the knobs on and added two hooks to the back for hanging and voila! Here's the finished project...



It looks so much better in person, but I really do love it! I think I will use a stencil on the words next time and center it a little better. 

Here is another fast project I did recently. It was only fast because I had already wrapped the white yarn around the wreath, months ago. So, I just added the ornaments that can easily be removed so I can do something else with the wreath next year!



What do you think? Simple, huh? 
I have a very pretty store bought wreath I love, but it has to hang INside the house because it won't fit between the front door and storm door. 

What have you all been crafting, lately? This week, I've been working on Landon's quilt, the front is complete, though!








1 comment:

Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

Be Merry and Bright!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...