Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! We sure did! 

Emmelyn's first Thanksgiving!



Aren't they adorable!


My brother and his family came up Friday night and we celebrated on Saturday, it was a blast! I cooked lots of yummy food (Which Emmelyn LOVED!), we played some board games, the kids ran around, and we ended the evening by playing hide and seek in the dark. Which the kids LOVED! It's one of Landon's favorite games, I must say! Boy, was I beat afterwards. 



 Emmelyn loved the sweet potatoes!

 Cousins!



 (Pumpkin Cheesecake and the prepped turkey!)





Emmelyn hasn't been sleeping to well, and Sunday morning Michael and I woke up with killer sore throats. It's probably why Emmelyn's been restless. As of today, (monday) she has a nasty cough and runny nose! Her first cold, ugh! Hopefully it won't last too long and she can get some solid rest. 

Oh, I wanted to share this with you all:
I found this on Pinterest, somewhere, but my mom use to do something similar when I was a kid! This particular pot holds fresh cranberries, half an orange, two cinnamon sticks, and water! Get it boiling and turn it down if you'd like... makes your house smell like Christmas! 

***

I finally got a new sewing machine, and I can't wait to get to work on Landon's quilt! Woohoo!! I need to get a move on it... so I can finish the other Christmas gifts I have in mind. Speaking of which, I think we're going to put our tree up tonight, yay! 

I love this season!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...