Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Time Out... Chair

Our discipline of choice is time out.
But, we don't seem to have a designated spot for it. 
Once upon a time ago, I saw a time out chair and thought, "hey! I need one of those!"
So, I began my search for the perfect chair. 

This is what I found:

(That's a lotta blue!)
I started sanding it and then I primed it.

(Be careful, this stuff gets in your nose!)

I wanted to paint it light grey. But, all I had was dark grey...

 So, I made my own. I added white, and the dark grey. and a little bit of purple for a nice grey/purple feel. Once I was satisfied, I began painting! OH! But, not before painting some red on the chair. I wanted some red to come out from under the grey.

I intended on sanding the grey in spots and having the red come out. I was too impatient to wait for the red to dry all the way.... sooooo I painted the grey anyway. 
I'm glad I did!
I got this nice sanded look with red streaks without the sanding! 
Perfect! 
(For me!)

This little corner is my favorite spot. =) 
It makes me happy!
There is just something about a freshly painted furniture...


 The next day, after the paint had fully dried, (Yes, I waited! Yay, me!)
I began painting the words...
My husband suggested I use a stencil,
but what's the fun in that!

 

The Sun is for my children... I always sing them the song, "You are my Sunshine." 






Hope you are inspired to make your own!

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

Don't forget about the giveaway going on!



11 comments:

Jenna said...

Great job! I like what you did with the grey and red.

Heavenly Blossoms said...

HIII I am an Army Mom!!! Saw you at the linky party at http://cleanandscentsible.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-spark-no-9.html

...I LOVE this chair!! One day our kids are probably gonna give us looks for taking such joy in making these kind of goodies...but I think it's an awesome idea and there is no success without discipline!!!


Great job on the paint and sanding!! I can't wait to try this for my little HB!


Visiting you from www.heavenly-blossoms11.blogspot.com

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Heheh the little time out chair looks fantastic! Love that you wrote on it I love you :))

Amy said...

This is a great idea; my favorite part is how you incorporated a reminder that time out has a purpose and that no matter how much trouble your kids are in, you still love them! That's the toughest thing about discipline, I think, getting little ones to understand "I don't like what you did but I still love you."

amy
oneartmama.blogspot.com

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

That is so cute I love it! I want to make a time out chair just like it!

come link up to scrappy saturdays at candacecreations.blogspot.com this weekend!

Emily said...

so cute! What a great idea! I love the sweet message on it as well.
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com

Coley said...

What a wonderful idea. It shows you love them but aren't ok with their behavior. Genious!

Heather said...

The the chair it turned out cute, I have been wanting to do something like this for awhile, now I'm really motivated too! Visiting from Happy Hour Projects blog hop, love your blog!

Tricia at Mom is the Only Girl said...

Way too cute! I showed my hubby and he immediately started making his own rhymes to paint on the chair...guess he likes the idea!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Very cute! I love the little saying on the seat. You did a great job

Carmen said...

Great job mom...your kids will love you for it. My son's teacher (K) has something similar...it's the Sugar Chair...you sit on it to think about how to be sweet instead sour...my son gets annoyed that he never sits on the sugar chair...lol

Would love it if you would link this up to our Rockin' link party going on now at RoCa and Company. Here is the link: http://rocaandcompany.blogspot.com/2011/09/welcome-fall-and-you-rock-2.html Come and show off what you got. Hope to see you there...

Remember...YOU ROCK!!

Carmen @
RoCa and Company
www.rocaandcompany.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...