Friday, August 19, 2011

Yarn Wreath with Rosette Flowers




Yarn wreaths are very popular in the craft world these days and I'll admit, I was anxious to join in.
Yesterday, while wondering around Hobby Lobby, I ran across these foam wreaths and I remembered that I had been wanting to make one!

I honestly had no idea where I would put it once it was completed but decided to do it anyway. I picked out my favorite color for the yarn and then I figured I'd get fabric in the other three colors that happen to be in my daughter's nursery. Maybe I'll put it on her door.
(I love jewel tones and these are the main colors in her room)

The first thing you do is wrap the yarn around the wreath... about 8 million times. It took forever at first, but once I got the hang of it, it went a lot faster. A few draw backs, such as, my yarn kept getting tangled up and I swear I spent more time trying to untangle the yarn then actually wrapping the wreath.

Once that's done, it should look like this. Then you can choose to decorate your wreath with anything you'd like! I thought about doing yo-yo flowers, but quickly decided on rosette flowers. The main reason was, that I didn't really feel like sewing and I already had my glue gun out from the yarn.

Make as many flowers as you'd like. I had a really tough time with this. I wasn't sure if I needed more flowers, or perhaps less. Or if they even looked good at all. By the way, these pictures really don't do it justice! The color is a little off, but I think it looks great in person! The blue is actually a turquoise and the pink is a fuschia.

Be honest, what do you think? I'm getting better at the flowers, but on some of them you can see the glue I used when rolling.

I want to make another one in a soft, fluffy white yarn and decorate it in blues and silver for winter!

8 comments:

Chef in Training said...

so cute! I love the colors! I found your blog through a link party and love it! I love to make new blogging friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks so much!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Good Girl Gone Green said...

You are so crafty! I love the wreath.

Fifi said...

Great Job!! I ♥ yarn wreaths!! I love the colors you chose.

I love making them too!! I'm making a Fall colored one for our new front door!!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

I love your yarn wreath! Thanks for linking to Thrifty Thursday! :)

E @ Act Fast Chef said...

Love this! I want to make one too, so I appreciate this post!

Found you through Happy Hour Projects!

YeLLoWMeDaiSY said...

so cute! Found you through Think Pink Sundays!

I'm your newest follower... Come check out our blog if you get a chance! YeLLoWMeDaiSY

Sara said...

Gorgeous!! Would LOVE it if you would link this up to my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! ;) http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/

kimberlyann said...

Super cute! Would love for you to link up at our party. www.thesasselife.com

Hope to see you there,
Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...