Saturday, August 20, 2011

Coffee Table!

This was perhaps the fastest project, ever! I bought this coffee table at about 12:30pm. Then I ran to Home Depot and some other places with the family. Got home around 2pm. It is now 630pm and the table is completely done and set up in my dining room. Yes, I put a coffee table in the dining room. We can’t use is in the living room, besides it would clash with our d├ęcor. So, for now it’s home is in the dining room. Once we move, I hope to find it a better home!


I bought this table for only $8! I bought some gorgeous Peacock Blue paint by Behr in a sample size for $3. I used about half of it. I also bought some gray (can’t remember the name) which was also $3 and used about 1/3 of it. So for about $10.50 I turned this boring old table into a cherished piece. I just LOVE the Peacock Blue. I’ve never been so excited about a project in my life!

(This is when I feel in love!)


So… here’s the end result, what do you think?


Curvy legs!

Now to place the glass on top...

And the completed project!


I'm going to switch out the pictures reguarly, add little love notes from time to time and even the children's artwork! I simply LOVE this project!!

9 comments:

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I LOVE peacock anything! I love the idea of being able to change the pictures etc. What a great family piece. :)

The Nummy Little Blog said...

Great blog! Stopping by from the blog hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me too! Thanks!
-Jilly
http://thenummylittleblog.blogspot.com/

The Doodler said...

Hey Stephanie!

Yay! You won the giveaway! I'm really excited for you, I think you'll love the necklace. If you could email me your mailing address I will get that too you right away. My email is doodlebrie@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Brie from Darling Doodles

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

$8 is a steal!! Love the color you picked and the after version turned out beautiful!

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

omg, i love that blog title photo!
AWESOME!

that pice looks fantastic!
you did just great!

visiting through the blog hop.
i am now following you and i hope you can stop by my site as well.

have a great day!

smallangels said...

cute blog!! this table is really cute. following from Give a hoot blog hop

Lindsay said...

Wow, your table turned out to be so cute! I wish I had the patience for crafts like this. haha! Thanks for visiting my blog...I'm following you via email. :)

Karima said...

What a super job you did - and super quick! Saw you on linky party and now gfc following you. Please pop by, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

Kathleen said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Flamingo Toes. This is a great idea and it looks great! You could use that for birthdays, graduations, etc. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...