Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New look!

I was playing around with my blog and realized that I could upload an image for my header.

Brillant! Why I hadn't I seen this before?
*It's okay, I'm still trying to figure this site out.

 I decided to play around in Photoshop and see what I could come up with. The only thing I have ever done in Photoshop was edit pictures. And even that, I am not that good at. Anyway, what do you think of my new header? I think it turned out cute.  Albeit big... couldn't resize it without it looking weird. =)

-------

On another note, I've been talking to a friend of mine who was stationed here at Offutt, AFB with us... her family recently moved to the DC area and are actually stationed at Bolling AFB. The decided to live on Fort Belvoir which is about 20-30 minutes away, because the post is in a better area, has a school (and a good one) and the houses are really nice!
I had no idea that you could be stationed at one base and live on another. I'm so glad she told me this. Michael and I have decided to do the same thing. This way, Landon will have a school to attend (on base) and I will be living near a friend. Also, with Michael being gone most of the year on trips, the commute won't really be an issue. We feel that it's best that we live somewhere that our family will benefit from than to pick a location based on a commute. In this situation, it works for us!

I am getting more and more excited about this PCS. The area seems great and the people seem fairly nice. I've joined a few groups on Facebook already, and so many ladies have welcomed me to the WHCA family! (My husband's job title there)

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

Thanks for dropping by Happy Hour. I love your header and I think your blog looks great!

Happy to be your newest follower ~ Adrianne
www.happyhourprojects.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...