Monday, August 8, 2011

First DIY Furniture Project!

I am so proud of myself! I recently completed my very first refinishing project! I found this bench thing on a local for sale board and instantly thought of the potential it had!



First thing to do.... prime it! Yea, sure I probably should  could have sanded the thing. But, I am really impatient! 
Landon helping out!


After the primer had dried I moved on to painting it white. While the paint dried I worked on the bench. I removed the original fabric and added my own. I love the curtains in my daughters room and eventually, I want this bench to go in there. (Once her rocking chair is no longer needed) So, I decided to use the same fabric to cover the bench. 




The finished bench looks amazing! It is exactly what I had in mind. I did have knobs for the drawer, but the screws were too long and Michael accidentally broke one.. oops. So, for now, there are no knobs. I am not sure if I will add them, but since there are holes, I probably should.
And here's the after picture:



What do you think? I love it, and so does the family! That's all that really matters. It's in no way PERFECT, but it is perfect for us!


14 comments:

Brenden's Mommy said...

Looks Awesome! Great job Stephanie!!!

allenaim photography and design said...

It looks fabulous! Great redo!

Delimont Family said...

You did an amazing job!! Looks awesome!! =)

LrSchwtz said...

I love functional furniture! It turned out beautiful. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

btanders said...

This turned out VERY cute! I Love the bright color!

love, mj said...

way cute! good job!

Angie said...

Love the color! I have a bench that needs to be fixed... similar to this one.. Hopefully one day I will do it! Maybe next week... :/

Anyways.. it looks great!

Dee said...

I know it feels so good to get a project done and be happy with it, especially your first one! Good work!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

That turned out great!! Thanks so much for linking it to Thrifty Thursday! :)

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

Looks great!

Adrianne said...

I love how it turned out! I am itching to do a furniture transformation but I really have no room. Boo! Thanks for linking up at Freestyle Friday!

Iuliana said...

this is sooo cute. Stopping by from Sweet Little Gals Turquoise Lovin' Link Party.

stricksonne said...

love the color!!! greetings from angie (germany)

Ethan Smith said...

Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
More here link

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...