Sunday, August 28, 2011

Coat Rack

My latest project was too easy. Almost so easy that it probably doesn't even need a blog.
 =)
 But, I don't care, you're getting one, anyway!

On Friday, my husband and I ventured out to the Thirft Store on base. I picked up a few goodies, like two huge picture frames for future projects. (Which won't be until we buy a house...)
One of the other things I picked up was this wall coat rack.
For $3... Not bad!

Pretty plain.
I hate that Landon doesn't have a designated area to put his jacket and back pack after school so I decided to make one.


The hooks didn't come off, so I had to put tape around them.
I knew I wanted to paint this a baby blue color, but I was way to impatient to wait to go to the store to buy the right paint. So, I took some white paint and my Peacock Blue paint, (that I used on the coffee table) and mixed them together.


Once I was satisfied with the color, I painted! I intially wanted to "antique" it by sanding down the edges here and there. I tried that. Looked very strange. I don't think I was doing it right. Oh well, I'll save that for a different project.


While the paint dried, I played with my precious baby!
Isn't she cute?



And here you have it!





5 comments:

Judy Haughton-James said...

Great job! Looks real lovely!

KERRY said...

I love it!! What a great idea :)
Found your blog through the Silly Sunday Blog Hop, we are an Air Force family too, in Australia...
Looking forward to reading more!
Have a great day...

Ariel said...

Super cute! I love that blue!

Free eBooks Daily said...

Like it! Great job!

I am a new follower from the hop.

I would love if you came and followed me back at Free eBooks Daily
http://www.freeebooksdaily.com

Brandi said...

Great makeover! I really like the shade of blue you chose! I added a similar coat rack for my son and daughter to use, but somehow their stuff still lands on the floor! LOL!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...