Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chedder Chicken Pasta

Tonight we made preparing dinner a family affair! I decided to make up some sort of cheesy pasta with chicken. Michael asked if I wanted help and I did, so we brought the exersaucer into the kitchen for Emmelyn and started cooking.


What we used:

2 Chicken Breasts in chunks
1 lb pasta of your choice
2 T butter
2 T flour
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 T Mustard (Dijon would work, I didn't have it)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups milk
1 T fresh oregano
Parmesan (optional)

First I started the pasta in a large pot and let it boil. In a frying pan I cooked the chicken in some olive oil and added a little of the garlic and onions.

In another pan I melted the butter and added the flour. Stired it up and added the chicken stock, mustard, onion, and garlic. Let it simmer until the onions are translucent. Now add the milk and let it cook for a few minutes, until it starts to thicken. Now, add your cheese and oregano. Let cheese melt and then add your pasta and chicken.


My babies playing so nicely while we made dinner!


Yummy cheese sauce! 


I wanted to add some fresh broccoli to the pasta (yum) but sadly, we were out. So, I added some peas and carrots, instead.
I paired the pasta with a delicious acorn squash.

I really enjoyed making dinner with the entire family in the kitchen.
It makes me feel closer to them!

I love it!

--~--

After Dinner, I made some more Strawberry Jam to freeze! We love this stuff and go through it SO fast! Good thing I make double batches!

 Our favorite thing to use the jam for is on top of my homemade waffles!
Hmm, now I want waffles...

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Hello! Stopping by from the Silly Sunday blog hop. Love your blog, great pictures! Pasta looks yummy.

I can't find a followers area to click on right now but will be back!


http://meandmytadpole.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Thank you. :) I've noticed that sometimes I can't find the follower section, too. Usually if I refresh a few times, it'll pop up! I'll go check out your blog and thank you for the comment!

Kristin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!! This recipe looks really yummy, I might have to try this tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...