Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Anniversary!

Six years ago, I married my best friend. We’ve had our ups and downs but I wouldn’t trade anything for our life. In the six years that we have been married; we have had two gorgeous children, lived in two (soon to be three) different states, three homes, traveled to and from Texas and Alaska. We have made ourselves a wonderful life.
The day of our anniversary (1st) we went out to breakfast and around town as a family. That evening we put our fondue pot to good use and had chocolate and fruit… What’s better than that? Yum! On Saturday we went to a movie while our neighbor watched our children. We saw “Bad Teachers” and honestly it wasn’t as great as I thought it would be. The company was good, though.

Landon was adorable on our anniversary, he kept saying, “our” anniversary, as in his too. I thought this was sweet and Michael corrected him and tried to explain that it was Mommy and Daddy’s anniversary. Then I thought about it. Why can’t it be our anniversary? It is, after all, the day our family came to be. So, we went with it. It was our family’s sixth anniversary and that’s special!

                                _____________________________________________

On a side note, we’ve been cloth diapering for a while now. Well, we were supposed to visit my brother over the weekend a couple weekends back and we had bought some disposable diapers. I needed to use them up, because we weren’t going and she would outgrow size 1 diapers in the near future, so, we used them for a few days. Now, when I was researching cloth diapers, I had read some people complaining about disposables and how strong they smell when soiled after you’ve gotten use to cloth; I thought that was crazy. I totally get it now! Strange, but those few days in disposables made me nauseated. In a way, I am glad because it backs up my goal of cloth diapering our daughter. I really do love it… yup even the cleaning of the diapers isn’t too bad.




1 comment:

Alison said...

Happy Anniversary!! Glad to hear cloth diapers are a success!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...