Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter this year! We sure did; and I can't tell you how happy I am that I wasn't in labor for it. (My due date was yesterday) Let's see, we started the weekends festivities with egg coloring! Landon of course loved this; Emmelyn could care less!



We then went on to make a canvas painting! I really love doing these and I'm starting to run out of ideas of where to put them! Our house in DC is suppose to have a "family room" that I plan to make a playroom. I am thinking I will hang up their artwork in there! I wanted to add their hand prints to this, but Emmelyn wasn't cooperating and it turns out Landon's feet are too big to have had his hands as well!

On Sunday, I woke up early and hid the eggs and placed the Easter basket. I made a trail with the eggs going down the stairs from his room and throughout the livingroom and then towards the kitchen table which had his basket. Then I woke Landon up and told him that the Easter Bunny had come. He was so excited!! I love the look on his face once he finally saw his basket!



 He had to show Emmelyn his eggs!


I made us homemade waffles to go with our homemade strawberry jam for brunch this morning. Mmmm one of our favorite meals! This jam really is awesome!


Later in the day we decided to try to take family pictures. Landon wasn't really cooperating and didn't want to take a picture with me and Emmelyn. He sorta cooperated for a family picture but just one and it wasn't all that great. It's hard to take your own family photo with a 4 year old and a 2 week old. :) But, here are some pictures we managed to get from the day!









2 comments:

Alison said...

Great family pics!! You always have such neat ideas for posing. :) Love how her bow matched your shirt.

Stephanie said...

Thank you. :D

I actually didn't do that on purpose, with the matching bow/shirt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...