Saturday, April 30, 2011

Can't wait!

   Sometimes it really stinks being so far away from ALL of our family. We just so happen to be smack dab in the middle of both of our families; Michael's is in Texas and Mine in Alaska. Although I happen to have family in a few other places, as well. The point is, it sucks! Okay, most the time I don't really mind the distance, but when holidays roll around it gets a tad lonely around here... especially since Michael ends up working about half of the holidays. For example, this last Christmas, well, it didn't exactly feel like Christmas with Michael working 7 days in a row on 12 hour shifts that week. Landon and I spent Christmas alone and let me tell you, it's pretty hard to explain to a 4 year old why we aren't opening presents until Daddy is off.

  Anyway, that's beside the point... In five days my parents are flying down from Alaska to meet Emmelyn for the first time! I'm super excited, but also a little sad that my mom is missing so much of my children's lives. I'm so grateful that she is able to fly out and see us from time to time. She's only going to be here for about five days, so that unfortunate. But, of course we'll make the best of it. She'll be here over Mother's Day weekend and if weather permits she'll get to see Landon play a soccer game!

   Okay, well I should get back to cleaning and taking care of Emmelyn. =)

1 comment:

Alison said...

I know just how you feel! Happy for you to have family flying out. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...